Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mt. Batulao Day Hike: A quick escape from the city buzz

MT. BATULAO
Nasugbu, Batangas
Jump-off point: Evercrest Golf Course, Nasugbu
LLA: 14.0408 N 120.8011 E 811 MASL 


The first time I climbed Mt. Balutalao was when I joined the Nasugbu Trilogy Day Hike, climbing three peaks in one day - Mt. Pico de Loro, Mt. Talamitam and the Mt. Batulao. But because we reached the summit by  9PM I didn't had a chance to see the better view from the summit. From then on, I always wanted to go to Mt. Batulao on a day trek. 


Since it was rainy season, staying at home most of the weekends bored me a lot. I wanted to escape the city with less cost. So I decided to go on solo hike in Mt. Batulao but one of the members of LUCP facebook page posted that he and some of his friends will go to Mt. Batulao the same schedule as I had, October 6, 2013. I got his number and we agreed that we will meet at the jump-off point of Mt. Batulao.

How I got there?
There are buses bound to Nasugbu, Batangas in Coastal Mall Terminal but I preferred to take the van near MRT Taft Ave. station, parked at the back of Mcdonalds near Sogo Hotel Pasay Rotonda for P120. I told the driver that I will alight at Evercrest. From Pasay Rotonda to Evercrest travel time is approximately 2.5 hours.

At Evercrest I've met the four other hikers. After we bought our own packed lunch, mine was P50 in the "turu-turo" we proceeded to walk going to trial head - jump off point. From Evercrest to trailhead you can ride a tricycle for P25/head but we decided to started walking to warmed up.
On the way to trailhead.
For this hike, we traversed old trail to new trail, see above map trail. Registration is P20/head for old trail and another P20/head for new trail. But if you wish to hike using old to old or new to new trail registration fee is P20 only.

Now continue browse the pictures and imagine hiking with us through it :D










This is the highlight in old trail - climbing with the help of rope.



Here's our summit picture.

At the summit of Mt. Batulao



I was glad that we had a perfect weather during the climb and the four other hikers were so kind to me. I feel so safe with them even we had just met for the first time. They were fun to be with and I'm thanking them for keeping me company.



List of Expenses:
         P120 - Van Pasay to Evercrest
              8 - jeep Baclaran to Pasay 
             40 - Registration fees
             80 - Bus - Evercrest to Coastal Terminal
               8 - jeep Coastal to Baclaran
             50 - packed lunch
             50 - dinner  
 Total P356 + jelly ace and mixed nuts I think all cost was 500 pesos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment