Sunday, June 15, 2014

Borawan Island

Borawan Beach
I've heard a lot about Borawan Island in Padre Burgos, Quezon. The name of the island came from the two famous beaches in the country. BORAcay and PalaWAN. They said that Borawan has a fine white sands comparable to the Island of Boracay and it has also limestones and rock formations that are comparable to Palawan.
I've never been to Palawan so I couldn't compare but I've been to Boracay and I can say that the sand from Borawan is not as fine and white as Boracay.

So below is the list of my Pros and Cons:

Pros: Accessible - Even though we rented a van I can still say that it is accessible from Manila to Padred Burgos, Quezon. Our travel time was 2 hours. There are buses bound to Lucena from Manila. And from Lucena Grand Terminal you will ride another minibus to Padre Burgos. I don't know the fare but I think it's budget friendly.

Cons: The public transportation maybe limited. We had a local contact that I asked to buy our supplies before we arrived but sadly when we arrived early at Padre Burgos the market is still close and our contact hadn't bought all our supplies yet (fruits, rice, fish, crabs, veggies etc.) so we waited for an hour before we got our supplies. If only I have known it I should have buy our supplies on my own or brought some supplies from Manila.

Pros: Boat rental has standard rates.




Borawan Island - 800 good for 6-9 persons

Cons: There are many huge jelly fishes around the island. Although they have nets around swimming area, you cannot go too far because swimming area is small.

Netted  swimming area

Pros: There's a small restaurant in the island where you can order food and drinks. There is also on-guard duty 24/hours.




Cons: Expensive cottage rental. (As of June 15, 2014)

          Small cottage: 700 - day tour
          Large cottage: 850
          Overnight additional 400
          Tent space (small): 200
          Tent space (large): 250
          Entrance fee (day tour): 80
                               (overnight): 120
         




And every time you use comfort room (CR) there's also a fee of 10 pesos and for shower is 20 pesos

Pros: There's a volleyball set that is free to use.

playing  volleyball
Cons: The beach is murky. I don't know the explanation behind the murky water. You can't barely see what's under water.






Overall, going to Borawan is relatively cheap if you are in group. Despite the cons I've stated above it is still good to pay a visit for a quick escape from the city and if you want to write something new in your blog :)

Related Blog:
Puting Buhangin with Kwebang Lampas: The best beach of Pagbilao

2 comments:

  1. hi. what time did you arrive in padre burgos? (when the market was still closed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thank you for dropping by. We arrived there around 5:30-6AM. :)

    ReplyDelete