Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Birthday trip in Coron, Palawan turned in to Christmas Holiday

Kayangan Lake
I was pretty excited about my first backpacking birthday trip to Coron, Palawan but due to typhoon it was cancelled. Cebupacific air was kind enough to let the passengers to rebook their flight 7 days after their original travel date for free (promo tickets are not re-bookable) or refund their ticket cost. I was thinking to rebook it on the next week but my aunt invited me to join their trip to Coron on their Christmas vacation. So instead of re-booking the ticket I refunded it and bought regular tickets from PAL because it's cheaper than Cebupacific during that time.

Busuanga and Calamian group of islands' aerial view
I was lucky enough when my seatmate on the airplane allows me to seat next to the window. My blood was really boiling in excitement when my plane landed at Busuanga Airport. I couldn't contain my excitement and happiness, I was overwhelm that finally I'm in Coron.

When I arrived , my uncle, aunt, their 2 sons, my cousin's gf and their 2 guests were already waiting for me inside Busuanga Airport, they landed first.

Mt. Tapyas
From Busuanga Airport we rode a van going to Coron Town for less than an hour. Then at Coron Town port we transferred on a boat going to Chindonan Resort. Our boat ride was 1 and a half hours.

 
on the way to resort
 We were the only guests when we arrived in the resort.

at dusk
On the next day we spent our morning in Malcapuya Island and transferred in Banana Island in the afternoon.

Malcapuya Beach
Banana Beach
On third day we went full day island hopping. Our first stop was Kayangan Lake then had lunch at Coron Town then went swimming in twin lagoon, our last stop was Banol Island/beach.

other side of Kayangan Lake
at Banol Island
docking area at Twin Lagoon
On the forth day we tried the discover scuba diving.



On the fifth day, Christmas day we decided to go for another dive.


Even my itinerary was completely diverted (I missed climbing Mt. Tapyas and soaking in Maquinit hot spring and meeting more locals to learn more about their way of living), my Coron Trip was great. I will surely come back again.


No comments:

Post a Comment